• What language is this word?
• Why is this word used internationally?
• What is the difference between a “tsunami” and a “tidal wave”?
• What is another word for tsunami?
• What is the origin of the word tsunami?
• What does it mean?
• What could your class do to help victims of a tsunami?
• How can people help victims of a tsunami?
• Have you ever volunteered for a group that helps victims of a natural disasters?
• What are some groups or organizations that help the victims of natural disasters?
• What outside aid might come in cases of a tsunami emergency?
• How might people be educated to understand the dangers of a tsunami?
• What methods might be used to help family get back together after a tsunami? To identify corpses?
• How might a family prepare for a tsunami emergency?
• Should assistance in preparing for disasters such as typhoons have priority over an early warning system for tsunami?
• Why is a tsunami an emergency?
• Why is a tsunami so dangerous?
• How should countries respond to natural disasters?
• What are some essential things that are needed after a natural disaster?
• Is the newspaper or television always correct?
• Why is it so hard to get accurate information after a tsunami?
• Have you ever experienced a tsunami?
• Do you know anyone who has experienced the tsunami disaster?
• Do you know someone who has been affected by a tsunami?
• Has a tsunami ever hit the area where you live?
• What causes a tsunami?
• Is there an early warning system for tsunamis in the area you live?
• What are some areas of the world that have many tsunamis?
• How do you know that a tsunami is going to hit soon?
• How fast do tsunamis travel?
• Can you surf on a tsunami?
• What are you suppose to do when you know a tsunami is coming?
• Why does the sea water level go down very low right before a tsunami hits?
• What are the immediate health effects of tsunami?
• What are the secondary (short term) health effects of tsunami?
• What are the long term health effects of tsunami?
• When do you know it is safe to return to your home?
• What kind of ecological damage do tsunamis cause?
• How fast do tsunamis travel in the ocean?
• Why do people continue to live in tsunami areas?